D.Y.Patil College of Engineering & Technology, Kolhapur is committed to providing safe academic and working environment to all students and its women employees. As per the guidelines of Supreme Court, UGC, Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention,Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013, an Internal Complaints Committee has been established by the College for a period of three years (2017-18,2018-19,2019-20).
Objectives: The objectives of the Internal Complaint Committee to Prevent Sexual Harassment of Women at the Workplace are as follows:
- 1)To develop a policy against sexual harassment of women at the Institute.
- 2)To evolve a permanent mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender-based violence at the Institute.
- 3)To ensure the implementation of the policy in letter and spirit through proper reporting of the complaints and their follow-up procedures.
- 4)To uphold the commitment of the Institute to provide an environment free of gender-based discrimination.
- 5) To create a secure physical and social environment to deter any act of sexual harassment.
- 6)To promote a social and psychological environment to raise awareness on sexual harassment in its various forms.
The Internal Complaints Committee consists of the following members:
|1||Prof.Mrs.Padmavati S.Pise||Asso. Prof||9422516900||Presiding Officer(Chairman)|
|2||Mrs. Swati. S. Kadam||NGO||9403952529||Member|
|3||Adv. K. S. Gund-Patil||Advocate||9823066576||Member|
|4||Mrs. N. S. Misal||Civil Engg.||9921257721||Member|
|5||Mrs. N. D. Jirge||Architecture||9881494969||Member|
|5||Mrs. Sujata C. Bhosale||Computer Science & Engg.||9637106362||Member|
|6||Mr. Khandoba S. Jadhav||Chemical Engg.||7798700154||Member|
|7||Miss. Snehal Sutar||TE Student – Mech. Engg.||-||Member|
|8||Miss. Yasmin Mulla||PG Student - C.S.E.||8483094032||Member|
|9||Mr. Yuvraj Patil||Ph. D Scholar- E & TC||-||Member|
AWARENESS PROGRAM BY INTERNAL COMPLAINTS COMMITTEE: “ ATMBHAN JAGWATANA” 12 Aug,2017
D.Y.Patil college of Engineering & Technology & ICC committee organized an Awareness program for the first year Engineering &Architecture students on 12 th August ,2017 .The main purpose of the program was to make the students aware of the rules & regulations of the committee & also to create awareness about gender equality among them.
Mrs. Tanuja Shipurkar ,a well known social worker was the chief guest of the program. She interacted with the students & explained the rules & regulations of the committee. She also highlighted the importance of gender equality.ICC Presiding Officer Mrs. Padmavati Pise took special efforts to make the program a success. Principal Dr. A.N.Jadhav, vice principal Dr.Kshama Kullhalli ,First Year Coordinator Prof. K.P.Chopade & all ICC committee members were present on the occasion. 300 students from First Year Engg.& 80 students from Architecture department participated in the programme. Prof. .Mrs .Shamim .Z. Bhai & Miss Nandini. S. Misal were coordinator of the program.
- 1.In response to the Vishaka Judgment passed by the Supreme Court in 1997, the DYPCET with the key purpose of making the Institute a gender-sensitive space..
- 2.In compliance of this directive of the Shivaji University, the Internal Complaint Committee of DYPatil College was set up in the year 2012. It is an active committee comprising of staff members and students of our College, and functions with an aim to prevent sexual harassment, promote well being of all the female students and staff members and create a gender sensitized community within campus as well as in the society.
ICC Workshop – ReportReport Health Hygiene for Girls
- 3.According to the Supreme Court of India, the following constitutes sexual harassment:
- 1. Physical contact and advances
- 2. A demand or request for sexual favors
- 3. Sexually colored remarks
- 4. Showing pornography
- 5. Any other unwelcome physical, verbal, or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.