IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
1. Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
2. Ensure relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
3. Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
4. Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
5. Setup credibility of evaluation procedures.
6. Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
7. Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
1. Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
2. Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes.
1. Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
2. Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities.
3. Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
1. To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture for Quality and Excellence in Higher Education.
2. Enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize of many good practices.
3. To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
4. To act as a change agent in the institution.
5. For better internal communication.